695 Pearl Street, Beaumont
10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The Tyrrell Historical Library is one of
the most beautiful buildings in downtown Beaumont. It was
constructed in 1903 for the First Baptist Church of Beaumont. The
structure was sold 20 years later to Captain William C. Tyrrell
when the congregation outgrew the building. Captain Tyrrell then
donated it to the City of Beaumont for use as a public library.
Throughout the years, it retained the name, Tyrrell, but has since
become a historical and genealogical research library.
Linda Cansler or
June Poole to volunteer, or receive assistance with research.