location where Frisco, Texas was founded is dominated by a gently
sloping ridge of high ground that extends from the Red
River to present-day Dallas. The ridge runs between the
East and Elm forks of the Trinity River in North Texas. In
Texas, it is called Preston Ridge. With rainfall draining
to the east or west, the ridge provides a dry natural
roadway with few creeks or ravines to cross. The Native
Americans first adapted the trail as an easy route to
avoid the heavily wooded and boggy areas of creek and
river bottoms. As the region was populated by other
settlers and trade began to flourish, Preston Ridge
naturally became a primary travel route into and out of
travel route became the Preston Road Cattle Trail, one
branch of the main cattle trail from Texas to Missouri,
developed in 1841. Preston Ridge is now known as
modern-day Preston Road.
Ridge Chapter was
organized on December 2, 2000 with 17 members. The
Organizing Regent was Elizabeth Wolfe.
Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the
Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites
are not the responsibility of the NSDAR,
the state organizations, or
individual DAR chapters.
technical problems with this page, contact
July 25, 2014