James Blair Chapter NSDAR
Corsicana Oilfield 1894Our Chapter

The James Blair Chapter in Navarro County was organized December 24, 1926 in Corsicana with Mrs. Rose Blair Polk as the organizing regent. We strive to uphold NSDAR goals:  historical preservation, promotion of education, and encouragement of patriotic endeavor.

Chapter meetings are held at 3 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month from September through May. We welcome new members, so contact us to visit a regular meeting as our guest. Meanwhile, questions about membership eligibility and requirements are answered fully at the NSDAR website.

Most of DAR's volunteer work is accomplished by the grassroots efforts of chapters on the local level which focus on the mission areas of DAR by encouraging members to become involved in these initiatives in their local communities.

Chapter Officers (2014-2016)

Regent:  Suzanne Y. Smith
First Vice Regent:  Mary Lou McKie
Chaplain:  Ellen W. Adair
Recording Secretary:  Betty C. Partain
Corresponding Secretary:  Carolyn S. French
Registrar:  Geneva D. Davis
Treasurer:  Ruth E. Scott
Historian:  Sandra S. Curtis
Librarian:  Bobbie M. Young
Parliamentarian:  Seley J. Fuller

TXDAR NSDAR
TXDAR NSDAR

Local Civic Projects and Goals

James Blair Chapter members have long been involved with city and county efforts to make Corsicana and Navarro County a “go to” place. The oil industry west of the Mississippi got its start in Corsicana in 1894 and is featured in the promotion of our area. Our famous brick streets are being restored. First class entertainment and exhibits come to our restored vaudeville Palace Theater and the Warehouse of Living Arts Theater and Gallery. We have sanctioned rodeos on a regular basis, a pioneer village that showplaces historic buildings plus pictorial archives, and annual festivals that bring visitors from around the state. The Cook Education Center on the campus of Navarro College features a world class planetarium, the Pearce Museum (American Civil War and Western Art collections), and the Navarro College Archives.